I think this is a bit of an OOD type question.  I'm developing a project for
managing structured news content that is currently done with the separate tools
for different type of news.

I've created a front end I am fairly happy with that allows me to define the
structure of each of the news types and a form for entering and editing the
specific content is generated.  I then see using a DAO concept for storing the
content, currently in XML files.  But I'm stuck in the middle on a "Preview"
requirement that shows the content formatted as it will be displayed.

The trouble I'm having is with taking the form data and structuring it.  I
envision this as a function of the DAO.  Is this a good assumption?  If it is,
how do I use the DAO to structure the data for the preview step, before it is
ready to be committed to data storage?  Or is this more a function belonging to
a different layer?  Should I create a separate function to convert the form
data to the storage structure?  Do I do this once and send the converted data
to the DAO for committing after the preview or send the unstructured form data
to the DAO for formatting and storage?

Is any of this understandable?

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

---------
| 1 |   |
---------  Binary Soduko
|   |   |
---------

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.