It's gonna be a little more extensive than that. The scenario is that we
have a variable which contains n characters and a list which contains m
elements. We need a function which returns true if one of the characters in
the string does not occur in the list. For this we will have to loop over
the string and compare each character.

<cfset stopcondition=0>
<cfloop from=1 to=Len(FORM.Username) index=i>
        <cfif not ListFind(variables.SomeList, i)>
                <cfset stopcondition=1>
                <cfbreak>
        </cfif>
</cfloop>