At this point, sortform is just a regular form with a hidden field and a submit
button. You can actually process it using an ajax post or a non-ajax form
post.  On a non-ajax post, a click on the submit button will populate the
hidden field with the sorted list (refer to the Interface Sortable
.SortSerialize function).  Then you'd process the list using a cfloop on your
action page.  After that, just cflocate back to your original page.  Your query
for the table should run with the updated sort seniority order.