Applying a border style to select boxes causes netscape to
totally not render them.

On top of not rendering them the field is not even passed
to the next page causing an area.

There is a trick to making this work a little better.

Set the font to something like monospace... example

<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
.temp {
        font-family:monospace;
        font-size:10pt;
}
</STYLE>

<form>
<input type="text" class="temp">
</form>

Looks more uniform across the board.

Including NN, and it does not cripple functionality
either.

They still do not match *exactly* but this is one
of the most cross browser ways to achieve this.

Definately dont apply border sizes to text fields
if they must be consistentfrom browser to browser,
consistency is a good thing.

Jeremy Allen
ElliptIQ Inc.