To get around this problem, I set global variables that dynamically assign
the size attribute values based on browser type. I use the cf_browsercheck
tag to get the browser, and then do this:

<cfscript>

        netscrape = false;
        if (bc_browser is "netscape") {
                netscrape = true; }

        // form field params
        fieldsize.text = iif(netscrape,20,40);
        fieldsize.textarea = iif(netscrape,30,60);

</cfscript>

I only do this for Netscape vs. IE, but the concept could be expanded to
account for the Mac versions as well, methinks.

- Sean

  Sean Daniels
  Manager, Engineering
  (T): 207.363.7374