Dinner wrote:
> On 3/26/07, Jochem D wrote:
>> Your webserver passes the request to CF. CF looks at the relative URL in
>> the forwarded request and maps that to the known context roots (the list
>> of them is in application.xml in the MEAT-INF directory). If there is a
>> match the request is handled by that application and antyhing after the
>> context root is appended to the location of the .war. Any virtual
>> directories you need are in the xxx.web.jrun.xml file (xxx depends on
>> the name of the application).
>
> I think the default web connector handles stuff a bit differently-  And you
> say CF, but you mean JRun, right?  The way I see it, and this is using
> apache for an example, but with the default web connector, you add a
> "handler" for the .cfm, .cfc, .jsp file types--

IIRC the default configuration for the webserver connector is to add a
wildcard mapping too. You would have to check though.

> This means that if httpd sees
> a request for fun.htm, it serves it directly

Yes if it only add mappings for certain extensions, no if it adds the
wildcard mapping.

> But by default, with the jrun web connector, your CF files can be
> located anywhere you like, and I assume your cf instance could
> be located where ever you want (/cfusion, for instance :P), and
> the connector takes care of the details.

It is not the connector that does that. The connector just makes sure
that the request is forwarded to a certain port on a certain IP address.
After that it is all in the XML configuration files. But yes, you have
considerable freedom to customize those configuration files.

Jochem