This is actually what I meant, having a health check page on each instance
that you can hit with the load balancer and see what the current CPU
utilization is.

As far as having JRUN handle this with IIS, I think you're pretty much SOL.
IIS connector is not open source, so unless you get Adobe to implement it
for you, which isn't likely to happen unless they decide to release
something like this in Scorpio.

You can of course use Apache instead of IIS, and modify the connector source
and compile your own connector.  I am not sure, however, if JRUN returns any
sort of metrics data that you would be able to use.  You might be able to
solve this with some JRUN modules, but my guess is this solution is way
overkill for what you're trying to achieve.  A simple health check that
works with the hardware loadbalancer that returns metrics data should work,
assuming your loadbalancer supports this.

Russ