If you want fairer load balancing that takes into account CPU
utilization,
perhaps you can set up a health check page that returns the CPU
utilization
(which doesn't seem to be very easy, but you can return the number of
currently running requests, or number of current sessions, etc), and
have
ServerIron distribute the requests based on those values.  I haven't
personally tried this, but I'm guessing it should be possible.

======

Actually, I would be more interested in learning how to make my JRun
clustering aware of things like CPU usage.  I think what I might do is
use the hardware load balancer to load balance my IIS installs (one copy
of IIS running on each web server) and then each IIS install will be
bound to my JRun cluster.  I could care less how balanced the web
servers are-- we could probably use a single install of IIS and it
wouldn't break a sweat at our traffic levels.  I just like have
multiples for fail-over.  I am more concerned with the CF Instances
being proportionate.
I always thought that JRun handled the clustering algorithm for your
instances but from what Jochem was telling me today, that is actually
handled by the Web server connectors between IIS and JRun.  I would
absolutely love to know if I can organize my cluster balancing to be
aware of CPU etc.

~Brad