A simple health check that
works with the hardware loadbalancer that returns metrics data should
work,
assuming your loadbalancer supports this.

====

Not from my understanding-- though I could be very wrong.
It is my understanding that if I have a group of servers running IIS,
and a separate group of clustered servers running CF, then I have load
balancing going on at two different levels.
The first level is between the user and IIS, and the second level is
between IIS and my CF Instances.
My Hardware load balancer only sits between the user and the servers
running IIS.  Keep in mind CF might not even be installed on those
servers.
Now once IIS gets the request from the hardware load balancer, the web
server connector uses my cluster algorithm (Let's say Round Robin) to
choose an instance in the cluster (assuming it is not static content
being served).    At this point the hardware load balancer is out of the
picture.  It is also at this point that I want my balancing to be based
on things like CPU.
>From what people are telling me though, the IIS connectors aren't smart
enough to do that.

~Brad