> I'm not sure we shouldn't point fingers at Adobe....
> ColdFusion will hardly gain any market ground if
> hosts are overwhelmed with complaints from their users on
> shared hosting that their sites are constantly going down.
> Are such problems as typical on PHP and ASP sites running on
> shared hosting?? My own personal experience as well has been
> that this is happening far more often on CF7 than it did with
> CFMX 6. Not sure if that is just coincidence...but it
> certainly seems like they should be working to *decrease*
> such problems with each release. I'm hoping Scorpio will
> bring some improvement in this area.

I suspect that shared hosting may not be a significant source of CF sales
revenue. In my experience, which doesn't involve shared hosting at all, CF 7
has been much more reliable than CF 6.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net