> dave that only applies to reads, sessions might be a bit
> different as the race condition as it is per user for a
> sesion, but a race condition can happen under certain circumstances.

There's a big difference between "can happen under certain circumstances"
and "you must cflock the write". There are plenty of cases where race
conditions will not occur, and still more cases where, while a race
condition could possibly occur, you simply won't care about the outcome.
Therefore, your statement - any writes to a scoped variable must be locked -
strikes me as being incorrect on its face. It is up to the developer to
determine whether the possibility of a race condition is a concern in each
specific case.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net