> but also of everybody mobile?

Didn't know that... so everyone on mobile devices has no JS capabilities?

> But maybe we just work for a different type of clients.

I think that's a key understanding... I'm thinking of mostly the general,
non-mobile, non-corporate population.  When we begin to focus on
specific target audiences, then priorities shift, and they should.

Many of you on this list, if not most, probably work for corporations
as employees, or perhaps as independent developers whose skills are
sufficient to get contracts with government agencies, etc.

I'm one of those independent developers whose clients general know
very little about the Internet and whose list of requirements for their
website amounts to "Build me a website"...  :o)

Rick