I started to write a reply and decided to just post it to my blog:

http://www.iknowkungfoo.com/blog/index.cfm/2007/5/24/Moving-Coldfusion-applications-from-Windows-to-Linux

I didn't address CFX tags though. IIRC, you may need versions of those tags
that have been compiled on Linux. If the CFX tag is a .DLL file, you may be out
of luck.

HTH,

Adrian