I am not sure if I understand. I cannot even get the wsconfig utility to even
work. It will just not recognize the apache server, (it can be pinged).  I need
to disconnect the current webserver, which comes with CF (running on port
9300), and hook up  apache as a webserver which actually runs on another
seperate server.  Having CF and Apache on the same box is not an option at this
time.  Are you saying that "Creating  a proxy " will solve that problem