On 7/29/07, Michael Dinowitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As for your post on CF 8 being a dead product because of the price
> increase, note that the increase if for Enterprise. How many people
> here (other than me) actually use or need enterprise.

Me!

To be honest, the difference between $3,000/CPU and $3,750/CPU is
pretty negligible in an enterprise world. For the - new-in-8 -
(multi-)server monitoring and RDS/Admin user management features,
unlimited CFTHREAD and unlimited MS Exchange integration, that extra
$750/CPU is well worth it (as well as the general reasons Enterprise
is worth paying more for: unlimited event gateways, PDF/document
services, reporting etc).

The key thing everyone should be rejoicing about is that Standard
Edition includes: event gateways, pdf/document services, cfthread, MS
Exchange integration, reporting, presentation generation. There would
be a lot of complaints if these were Enterprise only features. There
were plenty of complaints around CFMX 7 because event gateways were
Enterprise-only!
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

-- Margaret Atwood