and not worry about buying upgrades and we'll get new features as they come
out.....

Be careful on this one. For instance, when .NET 2.0 came out, and we wanted
to upgrade our servers, we discovered that a lot of our 1.0 apps would not
work. So in order for us to do this we had to re-write a lot of our apps.
Not from the ground up mind you, just update some code that was not
backwards compatable and would have caused a LOT of issues had we not looked
into this. Not sure if this is still an issue with Microsoft since I have
not touched .NET in over a year, but you might want to look into this part
of it.

Bruce