> What's the deal with people who think that you should be
> happy to pay more because there are new features.

No one said anything about being happy. You should, however, expect to pay
more because there are new features, just like you do with every other
product in existence.

> If all the ColdFusion die hard's who go hide in a hole and
> don't speak up when something like this stupid pricing
> happens then these problems are never going to get addressed.
> People are too scared to say what they think and risk
> tainting their perfect CF image.

I think you're reading a whole lot into nothing. Personally, I don't think
the pricing is a problem. If I did, then I'd agree with you. Either it's
worth the price to you, or it isn't. I do notice it's a whole lot cheaper
than Oracle or SQL Server database servers.

These "problems", like any other market issues, will be decided by the
market. I suspect that the market of enterprise buyers will not be put off
by the price increase of CF Enterprise.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net