Wowsers!  Seems I hit on a hot topic.

On 10/15/07, Jochem van Dieten wrote:

> Since the answer to both questions is "No" I will add a third question:
> How important is it *really* to know the variable came from a post?
>
> Jochem

I don't allow data altering in my apps via a 'get', especially not deletes.
Whether or not the user is authorized to alter said data, while obviously
crucial, is not the only important thing; they must alter that data by
following the correct protocols that the app has set in place, as Zaphod
(and others) pointed out.  Therefore, as far as I am concerned, it is
extremely critical to know that these sort of variables came from a post.

So, back to the root question at hand: Is it okay to directly reference the
form scope in my OO-like controllers?

I'm leaning toward the belief that it's okay to reference the form/post
scope from within the controller, to verify that the data is from a post.
(Sean's code example seems to bolster that belief.)  At that point, the
var(s) is/are passed off to the model where it does the heavy lifting.
Inside the model, I completely and thoroughly agree with Brian - it doesn't
matter where the variable(s) came from.

Matt