> So go ahead, disagree, call me a bonehead, it's just one opinion. I think
> developers work very hard for their earnings and have high expectations.
> We're the gate keepers to the Web site world and I see us moving towards
> becoming a commoditity and it makes me sad.
>
> I hope you share some similar views and that I'm not just on my own
> osolated little planet. 8-)

I don't completely disagree with the points you made, but I think your
points are based on a survey that is skewed.  I believe that the survey was
targeting web *design* professionals, not developers / engineers.  Design
professionals traditionally have lower salaries than engineers.

That said, I completely agree with your statement regarding the erosion of
web design professionals salary compared to the increase in skills necessary
to perform the respective job, not to mention inflation.  In regards to
engineers, I believe that we are in a great position (both in terms of need
and compensation) as most software engagements are utilizing the web to a
large degree.

Rich Kroll