On 10/24/07, Dale Fraser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok,
>
> I'm not going to start a flame war.
>
> I said this is the reason that I don't use third party frameworks, not
> that
> you shouldn't.
>
> As for the UI framework I released open source, I wouldn't use it either
> if
> I hadn't written it.
>
> As for my 3 month after launch statement, this could happen, if that dump
> was added in by someone unknowing and you didn't know what or where and
> the
> line looks perfectly valid. You have your site down for a day tracking
> down
> this issue.

The same way you would if anything else changed that you didn't know about
and it broke the app. This argument is meaningless.

Further, what is the alternative? Write something yourself, that only you
and a small group of people have looked at, and use that? Instead of
something that has been out for years and has had literally thousands of
eyes on it? You've got to be kidding.

Again, this problem had *nothing* to do with ColdSpring. It was a problem in
another part of Mike's code. And even then, if you go look back at the error
message, it tells you exactly where the error is happening. I don't have
access to his code so my first instinct was that it was a path issue on the
shared server. But Mike (wags finger at him) should have looked at this
cfdump tag first thing.

I also don't want to start a flame war, so I'm fine letting this die here. I
just want to be sure everyone else reading this is fully aware of the
situation and that, despite your opinion, ColdSpring kicks ass (which is my
opinion, and the opinion of a ton of others).

Regards