Thanks for bringing this post to my attention.

With regards to generator backup, we do realize that this is one of the
"chinks in our armor", and as you said, we are very much working toward
implementing a solution for this. Generators are amazingly expensive and
it will be difficult to implement, but we are working toward that. All
of our servers, switches, and routers are on a distributed UPS system,
which handles 99.9% of power problems that occur in our area, but even
so, getting a generator system online is our current priority in
improving our infrastructure.

Does AHP have a generator system in place? I could not find anything
about their infrastructure on their site.

Regarding out of date software, I'm happy to report that this is
something we've remedied. Any new VPS Account will now use CentOS 4
instead of CentOS 3 as it was previously. If you need something even
more modern then what's included with CentOS 4, we'll be happy to work
with you to get that installed. In some cases, we'll even perform the
upgrade for you for free when we set up your VPS Account. Just ask us
about it. We want you to succeed and if using bleeding edge software
will help you do that, we're all for it.

We continually strive to offer better services and improve our
infrastructure, so it pays to check back from time to time to see how
we've improved. ;)

Warm regards,
Jordan Michaels
Vivio Technologies