On Dec 20, 2007 12:26 PM, Brad Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can I get a show of hands (off-list probably) from people out there
> using any JRE other than JRUN?

JRun is not a JRE. JRun uses whatever JRE (actually JDK) that you've configured.

Same for JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic etc. You need a JDK in order to
run a Java app server.

Sorry to nit-pick but I think it's an important point and it's
indicative of how little most folks really understand about the
underpinnings of ColdFusion (and that's not a criticism since the
whole point of CFML is to hide all that stuff).

In answer to your question, I use JRun as my underlying app server in
almost 100% of cases. I have also used JBoss but I really don't like
it much (it's "fussy" and clunky and spews endless informational
garbage in its default configuration). However, I *always* use the
multiserver installation of ColdFusion so I have the option of
multiple instances and using Java code "outside" ColdFusion.

I would argue most CFers should be perfectly happy with JRun (but then
I also strongly advocate *against* session replication :)
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

-- Margaret Atwood