Tom,

Thanks for the reply, but I don't think that would solve the problem.  The
issue is that the execution plan itself is cached, and so it doesn't know about
the underlying database changes.  If I run a different query, it won't affect
this execution plan.

And even if it did, that's still not a solution I would run with.  That would
mean that for every database change I make, I would have to be the first one to
hit the associated cached query.  Our site has enough traffic that it's very
likely a user would hit one of these queries before me, and would therefore see
an error.

Ben