Thanks, Jochem, for the reply.  I glanced at that call just briefly; does it
clear *all* stored execution plans, or just a specified one?  It seems like the
only way it would be useful in this context is if it cleared them all, since we
have no way of knowing which plans are cached.

A larger question is this:  isn't this a huge headache for everybody?  We
update our site a lot--sometimes several times a day--and if having <cfqp>
around means we need to add an extra step to our process of getting stuff out
to our production servers, that just seems like a big pain.  Maybe I'm asking
for too much here, but I suppose I would expect that if a cached execution plan
bombed in SQL Server, it would automatically attempt to re-compile, under the
assumption that the cached plan is out of date.

Thanks again,
Ben