Actually configuring compression is easy in IIS. It has a GUI for this as
well. It took me about 5 min to figure it out and implement. What is
difficult is per domain/web site compression. IIS does it for all domains
hosted on the box. If you want more granular control you will need HttpZip's
Port80. I am going off of a 4 year old memory so maybe things are different,
probably not though.

IIS's compression is rather impressive. I had a pricing matrix for pricing
out screen print t shirts on the fly. The page (mostly javascript) was
~500K. ISS took it down to something like 30-40k.