> My opinion still is, if feasible, the best option is, not to
> have/load unnecessary heavy-duty javascripts in the first
> place, and to make "things/features" more configurable by
> design.  In the case of cf8's integration with FukEditor, as
> some else has alluded on a separate thread before, it seemed
> to have been added in a rush, a reputable company should not
> do something like that to its flagship product... No, this is
> not Alice in Wonderland, it's called business ethics.

First, perhaps you shouldn't call it "FukEditor". The actual name is
problematic enough.

Second, I love CF a lot, but it's not Adobe's flagship product.

Third, this kind of thing happens ALL THE TIME. Generally, the first time
something's integrated with CF (or almost anything else), the integration is
less than optimal. For example, CFFORM generated crappy code for many years
(for example, it couldn't be made XHTML compliant). If you don't like the
way it's integrated, you have several options:

1. Submit a change request to Adobe. Eventually they'll probably fix it.
2. Use it despite its drawbacks, in the hope that future versions of CF will
make it work better; your code will automatically inherit those
improvements.
3. Use something else that's not integrated.

Note that these aren't entirely mutually exclusive, either.

This isn't Alice in Wonderland, whatever that means, but it has nothing to
do with business ethics either.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Training: Adobe/Google/Paperthin Certified Partners
http://training.figleaf.com/

WebManiacs 2008: the ultimate conference for CF/Flex/AIR developers!
http://www.webmaniacsconference.com/