Dave, Rick, Russ, John and Gerald,

Thank you all for your thoughts.  To Gerald, you were probably referring to
IIS6.

My opinion still is, if feasible, the best option is, not to have/load
unnecessary heavy-duty javascripts in the first place, and to make
"things/features" more configurable by design.  In the case of cf8's
integration with FukEditor, as some else has alluded on a separate thread
before, it seemed to have been added in a rush, a reputable company should not
do something like that to its flagship product... No, this is not Alice in
Wonderland, it's called business ethics.

Don