Exactly my point.

But just so we're clear: any decent hosting company starts with the network.
What we're talking about here is LOCAL firewalls/AV - on the box.  That
doesn't mean that the network itself is unprotected - there will be
firewalls, secure routers and other network-level hardware appliances.  Also
networks will be segmented to allow targeted response (for example it's
unlikely that any shared resources will share an external network segment
with dedicated hosts).

Any sensible host does whatever it can to ensure that its network is as
secure as possible; both against external attacks and internal dumbassery.

Again this is the norm for larger hosts - as you get smaller and smaller
your mileage may vary.

Jim Davis