Your only additional cost will be the CF license - and it's not
inconsequential.  Although note that you can often find older versions or
used copies for significant savings.

You'll need to determine the initial investment: for example "real" Adobe CF
or an alternative engine?  Standard or Enterprise?  Then plan for the
lifetime of that investment (for software like this three years is pretty
standard).

Divide your investment by the lifetime and figure out the premium you'll be
paying. For example CF Standard over three years is about $33 a month.  My
dedicated box costs $85 a month and I pay an additional $5 a month for a
block of 5 additional IPs.  So my monthly cost is about $123.

You'd have to add any additional software you need in there as well of
course - but often the total cost of ownership for dedicated is less than
VPS depending on your needs.

It's harder to calculate but also consider the risks involved.  VPS does,
inherently, contain more risk than a dedicated box.  Runaway processes on
one VM can overrun shared resources (especially network resources and disc
access).

Since you're looking for colo at this point it's pretty clear that you've
already done this.  ;^)  I just see a lot of people making the assumption
that a VPS will be more economical when the real answer is more complex.

Jim Davis