>>Are you an expert in, say, DOM?

Yes.

 >>  To my knowledge, each and all "web"/script page, be it written in
cf, jsp, asp, php, would be rendered by a UA (browser here), and the
underlying technology for that is DOM, so, it does not matter how many
HTML forms on a 'page'/script the web server sends to the browser, the
UI would do it its rendering.

You may have as many forms in a page as you want, but only one can be
submitted, and only the fields in that one form will be transmitted to
the server. For the same reason, you don't need to validate fields in
forms that will not submit.

 >>  I could write client side javascript for data validation for each
form,

Sure, but again, only ONE form needs to be validated, the one that will
be submitted.

 >>however, that approach/technique defeats the purpose of using CFFORM
(which does data validation among others), why reinvest the wheel?

Well, in the case of CFFORM, believe me, it is worth ;-)

But if you're saying, cf-supported data validation can only support one
form on a page/script then its design is totally yester-year,

I never use CFFORM, because there are many things I need which are not
available with CFFORM.
May be it got more developed now, but I've designed my own system, and
I'm happy with it.
However, I'd be surprised you cannot have several CFFORM in the same page.

--
REUSE CODE! Use custom tags;