most small/home office routers allow you to specify one or more 'virtual
servers': an internal IP address (and usually a specific port number,
too) that all external http requests to your external IP address will be
forwarded to. on a complex/enterprise-class network, as Jim said, it is
not that simple at all...

Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com
http://www.sabai-dee.com/