This is no longer true as of 5.1 I believe.  The only issue seems to be that
it doesn't support enforcement of foreign keys and a few other issues:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-cluster-replication-issues.html

> In PostgreSQL you do that with Slony-1. It is an open source add ons you
> can just plug in and you don't even need to restart to do that. For the
> automatic failover you need to add a hartbeat and probably STONITH, but
> you should be used to that because you need that with MySQL as well to
> prevent a split brain.
> Apparently you can also do that with Bucardo (never tried that) and
> commercially with Mammoth Replicator.
>

> > and even better to have them both
> > be master's (basically being able to do load balancing).
>
> Multimaster replication would be done with either PGcluster,
> Cybercluster, PLProxy, Bucardo or pgpool-II. All open source and they
> all work with different algorithms so you can pretty much mix and match
> to your needs.
>
> Greenplum, EnterpriseDB and Continuent also provide commercial solutions
> and I am not sure in which list to put Gorda and Postgres-R. And I might
> have skipped a few :)
>

> The main reason there is no clustering and / or replication support in
> the PostgreSQL core is they really mean something different to
> everybody. There is no one size fits all solution so which one should be
> put in? There may be some movement on that since core has recently
> reached consensus and they plan to include a lossless shared-nothing HA
> solution in core that may be extended to do master-slave replication,
> but that will probably have to wait to 8.5.
>
> Jochem

Looks like there are a lot of tools for doing multi master replication with
PGCluster.

How hard is it to port a MS SQL db over?  We have a bunch of stored
procedures which would need to be migrated as well.  Are there any tools
available?

Russ