I've done this on my site for years:

www.depressedpress.com

I call it the "ClickStream" - it's up near the top right.

> Anyone know of a tutorial on how to do this?

In my case a lot of this falls from application framework.  I maintain an
instance of a "session" component for each user - that stores information
about them (browser information, clickstream, credentials, etc).  The whole
framework (all the CFC libraries) is here (look to the "Framework Package"
specifically):

http://www.depressedpress.com/Content/Development/ColdFusion/DPLibraries/Ind
ex.cfm

The actual clickstream component (a property of the session component) is
really just an abstraction of an array:

http://www.depressedpress.com/Content/Development/ColdFusion/DPLibraries/Doc
umentation/DocViewer.cfm?Component=cfc_DepressedPress.Framework.DP_Clickstre
am

If you look at the "add" method that's the meat of it.  I store the URL, the
QueryString (if any), the title of the page (to make using the data easier -
but it also means that your title is available), the datetime (let's you
infer how long they've spent on each page) and a boolen "true" if the user
was logged in at the time of the entry.

Each user has a key and each session has a key - when the session ends the
clickstream is saved to the database for later analysis.  I could pull up
clickstreams from previous visits (one of those "to do" items I never seem
to get around to) this way.

In any case the basic idea is just an array of URLs - what you do with the
data is up to you.  It can be as simple as "here's where you've been" or you
can get into really cool custom analytics.  ;^)

Jim Davis