From: Ian Skinner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 12:25 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: JVM Tuning and <cthread>s... I'm Back

Mark Kruger wrote:
> So... You are creating a total of 1300 threads with this code?

Yes, 10 at a time per the Administrator setting with the others queued up
awaiting their turn.

> This (untested) example makes the loop sleep for 2 seconds after the
> spawning of every 10 threads. This would add 260 seconds to your
> request but would likely create enough margin for threads to complete
> so the thread queue doesn't build too high.

We have played with using a throttle such as this to slow processing.
But my primary concern right now is that the threads do not go away even
when all the processing is done and the files exist, the server monitor show
all threads created still running.  I don't see how slowing this down is
going to help, until I find someway to make them somehow go away sooner or
later.  Even running the code to just create 10 files leaves 10 threads
hanging, run it again and there are 20 threads hanging with repeating thread
names.