Hi Ian

You say that you are throttling the process to create a pause between
batches.

Is your throttle part of the function that creates the threads? (Given that
you say that memory isn't released until this function completes, this
probably wouldn't help.)

Look at things another way - if cfthread didn't exist, you would probably be
using cfschedule to throttle the process - ie create PDFs 1 - 20, then 21 -
40, and so on.

Can you cfschedule your function (that creates all 1300 threads) in batches,
so that this function has a chance to complete (and theoretically release
the memory that it's threads consume)? Still use threads within this
function, but if you only process 20 threads at a time, this might help.

Antony