Thats the macro/polo version. Problem I had with bringing in variables that way
is they don't compare properly. My if statements will not properly compare them
so I can actually do something with them. Like i could set
value1=mystring&value2=mystring, and try to compare them if (value1==value2)
and it couldn't figure out that they were indeed equal. I actually brought this
issue to MAX tried to stir up some answers, and the only version that actually
worked was to pass them as a url query. That won't work now though cause I need
to send/recieve every 5 seconds. I even went to the after hours Flash feedback
session with the ppl that made it, and they couldn't help me. They just seem to
write off Flash remoting as the solution. Yeah well lot of good that does me
now. Funny they seemed to push AS3 so hard, yet it seems like a very rushed
language. No documentation on handling extrenal data, nobody there could
"figure it out", more than half their components don't function in AS3. I look
forward to revisiting it at MAX 08. But in the meantime I still have to get
this done. Here is what I need to accomplish....

Query a datapage every 5 seconds so I can compare variables, retereived from a
database. Mimic real-time swf changes based off these variable results. They
have to be able to compare proerly. For example if 50 ppl have the same swf
open, and I make a change to the DB, it needs to make a swf change based off
that info. End result, all 50 ppl see the new swf within 5 seconds of the DB
change.

Any ideas?