I've seen the BlazeDS solution when I was beta testing scorpio (cf8) as I
bought up the same issue to them. My understanding of it is its similar to the
LiveCycle ES services built into CF8. Issue again would be, yeah the lack of
Flash support for that means of sending. I'm not fimilar with Flex too much as
of yet. Can someone post the include files or dir paths I'd need to add that
functionality to Flash AS3? Sounds like its worth a shot. Also since I like
posting threads that clearly state progress up to a certain point, here is the
proper AS 3 code to suposibly make a Flash Remoting connection. If  anyone
knows how to actually retireve variables out of it that would be nice to see as
well.

var connection:NetConnection = new NetConnection();
connection.connect("http://localhost:8500/flashservices/gateway/";);
//create result handler function 1 runs on result, 2 runs on error
var responder:Responder = new Responder(onResult, onError);

// call http://localhost/example/testcfc.cfc
connection.call("example.testcfc", null, param1, param2);

And thats where it gets blurry, I'm yet to see an onResult function that
properly pulls variables retreived from a cfc call.