Hi,

I abhorr pages that have that blatant "generated" feel.

When at all possible, I have URLs like

http://www.zog.org/beat/disc.cfm/lovemedo
instead of something like .../disc.cfm/disc_id=218

We're about to move to Fusebox, but the one thing that's holding me back is
those ugly index.cfm/fuseaction=this&param=that&param2=the_other URLs. The
fact that I personally dislike them, *and* the fact that they don't get
indexed properly (being branded as "dynamic pages liable to change a lot and
thus not worth indexing").

Does anyone here have a standardized way of dealing with this?
I do not feel like reinventing the wheel; if there's a custom tag or a CF
snippet out there that'll convert this:

http://site.domain/shownews/display/long/items/5/59206/46728610

into the equivalent of this:

address = http://site.domain/index.cfm
fuseaction = shownews
display = long
items = 5
CFID = 59206
CFTOKEN = 46728610

To clarify: the last two parameters are always CFID and CFTOKEN.
The first parameter is always FUSEACTION.
Anything between the first and the one but last parameter is a list of
paired parameters & values.

I suppose I could live with a URL like this

http://site.domain/index.cfm/shownews/display/long/items/5/59206/46728610
or even like this (leaving CFID & CFTOKEN in cookies)
http://site.domain/index.cfm/shownews/display:long/items:5
or
http://site.domain/index.cfm/shownews/display=long/items=5
...but I don't really think it makes that much of a difference.

Looking forward to you replies,

Michel Vuijlsteke
Managing Director
Netpoint NV