On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 1:06 PM, Ian Skinner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is anybody using <cfthread...> functionality?  Is it working well for you?

Yep.

> I have been fighting for most of a month with <cfthread...>
> functionality and it is driving me batty.

cfthread is a VERY powerful tool. It also takes a lot of care to use correctly.

> Run the application one time and it does all the processing, but does
> not output the results.

That is expected. The output is stored in the thread scope for the
thread itself. If you use the JOIN action (Which basically means, wait
for these threads to end), you can get the output and look at it. This
should be documented. (And let me add - be sure you have read the docs
COMPLETELY!)

> Run it a second time and the system locks up and ColdFusion services
> must be cycled.

Most likely it is something in your code.

> Error trapping seems to be a crap shoot.

Nope it isn't. Again, if you look at the thread data (if you use JOIN)
you can determine if an error was thrown. Or you can use try/catch to
log any errors.

It is your responsibility to monitor what happens in the threads.

> If anything goes wrong in any of the spawned threads and all is lost.
> Again ColdFusion has to be cycled.

Nope. See above. :)

Raymond Camden, VP of Software Dev, Broadchoice

Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Blog : www.coldfusionjedi.com
AOL IM : cfjedimaster

Keep up to date with the community: http://www.coldfusionbloggers.org