The logic has 3 or 4 major branches, so the total number of methods
called is about a third or a quarter of the total.

So the choice is to instantiate one 3000 line cfc with 107 methods
only some fo which get used, against 2 or 3 smaller cfcs where al the
methods get used.

So does anyone have an feel for whether there is a performance hit
from instantiating methods that never end up being used?   On this
machine JRun is bloating up to 500MB or more  so the technique i'd
normally use of putting the cfc into a shared scope isnt an option.
We have to reduce things in memory as much as possible.    On my test
machine, I run this cfc on 250 records in quick succession and it
brings the machine to its knees.  Jrun bloats to the point where
nothing else will run.    I hate to think what would happen if i
released this thing into the wild

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month