I know when one of our guys decided to take a complex series of included
files and put it into 4 CFCs to make things easier to manage that the pages
actually slowed down.  When he started to back track through things it
appeared the added overhead was from all of the method calls he was then
making.

A couple years ago I inherited a process that would bring a CF server down
to its knees when it would run due to what appeared being an issue with CF
never releasing resources after they were used until the page itself quit
running.  At the time the work around and it was not a pretty one was to
send the processing to another page, so that it was another page call but in
order for that to work on that version of CF at least it meant calling a web
service within the same application.

Our internal reservation system originally had a 5000 line CFC that it used
for the bulk of things.  Not sure how many methods were in it, I doubt
anywhere near 100 but I also know in most cases only 2-3 methods were ever
used.  When we split things out into 6 CFCs we saw no performance hit either
way.