I wouldnt touch PAYPAL with a barge pole.  If you are selling software
or anything delivered over the internet, they can just pull the money
out of your account and there is nothing you can say they will accept.

I just had someone order some domain names through my regitsration
service, and even though i registered the domains (incurring cost
myself ) and can prove the domains are up and registered, paypal still
reversed the transaction, saying they thought it MIGHT BE fraudulent.
MIGHT BE!!! Not actually fraudulent - just MIGHT BE for gods sake.   I
can't degister the domain or get my money back i outlayed for the
domains, so i am out of pocket.

I asked the paypal person I was talking to how i can change things so
I dont get this happening in teh future, and his answer was, you cant.
  You cant use PAYPAL if you are selling virtual goods, and expect to
get protection from Paypal

As i said, my opinion is to tell paypal to take their business and shove it.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 6:41 PM, William Seiter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok, so I have experience in connecting several different payment gateways to
> my clients sites so that they can process CC transactions.  But, it seems
> when it comes to my own website, I need a little advice on which company has
> the best system.
>
> I am putting together a very simple website that sells about 5 digital
> products, all priced about the same.  Most transactions will be below $10
> per purchase.  Digital means no shipping or taxes (yet).
>
> I have looked at (and am not limited to these)
> 1.  Paypal (standard/pro):
>        The upside is that this company offers their own payment system in
> addition to credit cards, etc (basically the customer can decide on any
> number of payment choices), as well as this is a well known company.
>        The downside is that this company charges a bunch for their fees
> (not ridiculous, but more expensive)

[snip]