Dave Morris wrote:
> Ah.  You're from the "blame the victim" school.

I just see different degrees of guilt. Negligence from developers,
greedy shortcuts from management, lazyness from end users, criminal
intent from hackers etc.

> So I shouldn't be mad at the poor little hackers, because they were doing us
> all favor by pointing out our faults.  That is your school of thought,
> right?

The fact is that we all know that whatever we connect to the internet
will be attacked. We all know it is an arms race that has been going on
for more then a decade and there is no end in sight. What is important
is what we do with that knowledge. Do we make sure we are protected to
the best of our ability, both for our own sake and to make sure our
systems do not become an attack vector against somebody else or not?

Every IP address of an attack source that has been published on this
list is from somebody who choose not to do so.

Jochem