On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Jochem van Dieten wrote:
> I just see different degrees of guilt. Negligence from developers,
> greedy shortcuts from management, lazyness from end users, criminal
> intent from hackers etc.

I don't see ISPs on there, and while I'm no fan of much of the
ISP-based stuff, there are certainly steps that could be taken to
improve the situation.

I think there is plenty of money being made on both ends, so it would
take a public outcry or something to affect change.

Not to defend crappy code (which I *never* create!  My code's all
perfect, springing like some type of Greek (Roman?) god from my mind),
but really, it seems like heat on ISPs and whatnot isn't exactly a
/bad/ thing, in certain cases.

Or maybe it's all just freedom, and I should love it up while we gotz
it  (probably serious, BTW).

Eh.  That's all I got, just pointing out we're beholden, somehow, or
something. Hmm, not sure actually.

--
bah.