Actually,

That should have been the reverse on URL filtering:-( In other words, I
should or could write a filter to do the checking of SQL injections. Sorry
my bad there. But it is only one way to do it.

Anyway as I do grails work I dug this link up for you all...

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GRAILS/Security

So it is possible to do under the hood, now I can't vouch for Transfer but I
do know Mark would have used cfqueryparam. Now as it is written in
ColdFusion in most parts, it does take care of the fact as a developer I
don't need to worry about the SQL injection as I am confident that Transfer
has taken care of it for me. That is a typical example, how ColdFusion can
and should do it under the hood.

And take particular notice how the data is escaped when committing to the
database.

--
Senior Coldfusion Developer
Aegeon Pty. Ltd.