If you have a private beta, then that should be a separate application...I
would assume that this beta is a different code set (physically speaking).
If you have to make a change to multiple code sets you can merge it.  You
can also automate that via scripting.  If you have something that is
regularly merged to multiple code sets, then write script you can run where
you can specify multiple source and destination file.

Eric