For myself I switched to a MacBook Pro back in February.  It runs fast
without crashing and can easily handle CF8 64bit Dev edition,
PostgreSQL 8.xx DB server, CfEclipse, and all my other apps including
iTunes playing music at the same time.  All this on a 2.2Ghz Intel Duo
CPU and 2Gb RAM.  I have no slow downs or hangs even when checking
code in and out of my SVN.

For me Mac does it all better and faster.

Wil Genovese

One man with courage makes a majority.
-Andrew Jackson

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.