If you can then obviously I am going to say that the MBP are the way to go.

if you HAVE to have PC then I second the Dell D series. I just moved
from a 4 year old D400 with 2 gigs of ram and I loved all the
peripherals you could get. Having a docking station was awesome and
they are just good solid machines. The best part was that all the
parts were interchangeable so it made supporting them very easy.

But then again a MBP would be the best :-D

-J.J.