You know if I had time I might, my interests only at the moment is
maintenance of one client.

When they report a problem, I have the right to ask the question if I can't
find an answer. Any bugs that are fixed are never released to older current
releases. The point I made was that it hasn't been 12 months since we
updated to the latest 3.02, there are serious bugs and issues with the
process. I haven't the time to learn Farcry, and require the answers
quickly. Or at least the less I have to charge to the client the better.

In my latest case, the scheduled verity stuff is broken. And has been broken
for 2 years, I followed and got help from the hosting company to get the
conversion happening. However there is not one issue ever reported, or
searchable on how to fix this. The information is scarce, and the question
was asked with not one response. I have no problem paying for support, but
when there are no publicly released patches for current in production
versions leaves a bad taste. No matter what the product or project.

I did say that I like the product, now Jason I am asking you kindly to fuck
of with the attacks on me regarding my views of the support Farcry offers,
when that side of things improves I will not hesitate to recommend the
product. I still would, but one has to take into considerations on how the
defense of the product comes about.

If you don't hear what I say that only cements further concerns into me with
the product, why would I want to try to find time to improve something when
I have got enough on my plate dealing with no support for a client. Its been
2 weeks since I posted my problem, and has anyone hesitated to help me get
the problem fixed?

No... So don't talk to me about how I haven't contributed, when the people
don't contribute enough to helping people like me. Who just wants to keep a
Non Profit organisation from spending to much money. But I should not have
to say that.....

When the support cycle changes, and I start seeing more patches for current
production versions of Farcry then I will change my opinion.

Till then I have the right, to tell others. And I have the right to get them
to understand your attack now.

Because they will end up in the same position I am now, 2 weeks later with a
client on my back and noone from Farcry / Daemon even asking for more
information on how to duplicate or what is needed, or do I have such and
such.

Nope... Nothing, and every time I have asked a question it ends up the same
way. No fucking support for the client, the client is aware of the trouble
we are having with getting the support on the product. We have suggested
many times to have it upgraded to the lastest version. But the question is
always the same, what about support. We can't guarantee it any more, and
they are now moving away from Farcry because they have had enough.

So what does that say? It has been the same for all Farcry clients we had,
none are willing to use it anymore and none are willing to recommend it to
their friends. I tried hard to get you guys to see that a few years ago, I
tried to get you to understand that this client is tight at the best of
times and instead of helping me deal with the client. They were more
interested in pushing me to paid support, till then you will very rarely get
the answer or help you need.

And I am not the only ex Farcry developers who feel this way, just that I am
not scared to voice my opinion. The more you personally attack me in public,
is more bad word of mouth to my clients and potential clients or anyone that
comes along and asks.

Like I said I like the product, but that can also quickly change.