> I would prefer to get this running directly from CF, simply because it's
> less complicated...

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Scheduled tasks by default run as
SYSTEM. They're never going to be run "directly from CF" because CF
isn't the scheduler service.

> When I try to add /u *localUserName* /p *password* I get this:
> ERROR: Invalid syntax. Cannot specify user name without specifying
> system name.

Are you adding the name as "domain\user" or "localmachinename\user"?

> So... when I add /s //*machineName* I get this:
> ERROR: C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll

I think it's just /s machinename, without any slashes. If you did add
slashes, Windows uses backslashes for UNC notation, not forward
slashes. But again, I don't think they're needed at all here.

I'll qualify all this by saying I haven't used schtasks in a long time.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/